Progress

Birds LakePreparing to Dive  Post by JChip8

Progress
And once again the depths of my life rush onward,
as if they were moving in wider channels now.
Things are becoming more close to me
and all images more thoroughly looked upon.
I feel more comfortable with that which is nameless,:
With my senses, as with birds, I reach up
into the windy heavens out of the oak,
and in those pools broken off from the day,
my feeling, as if standing on fishes, descends.

Rainer Maria Rilke  from The Book of Images tr. Crego

http://picture-poems.com/rilke/images.html#Entrance

 

Piano Concert by Robert Schumann

Comments

  1. Stunning picture. Enchanting verse. Thanks for this.

    All the best, Boonie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. . . I'm covetous of the words "my feeling, as if standing on fishes, descends."

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect start to my day...
    thank you noelle.
    xoxoxoxxo,
    rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone. I have a love affair with Rilke. One must simply drink him in. He is a prophetic poet, in my humble opinion.
    Blessings to your day,
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts