Merry Christmas Everyone

Christmas Eve

Always on Christmas night there was music. An uncle played the fiddle, a cousin sang "Cherry Ripe," and another uncle sang "Drake's Drum." It was very warm in the little house. Auntie Hannah, who had got on to the parsnip wine, sang a song about Bleeding Hearts and Death, and then another in which she said her heart was like a Bird's Nest; and then everybody laughed again; and then I went to bed. Looking through my bedroom window, out into the moonlight and the unending smoke-colored snow, I could see the lights in the windows of all the other houses on our hill and hear the music rising from them up the long, steady falling night. I turned the gas down, I got into bed. I said some words to the close and holy darkness, and then I slept.

~Dylan Thomas

Excerpted from “A Child’s Christmas In Wales” By Dylan Thomas

Have a Blessed Christmas,Full of Joy and Wonder and a New Year graced with the Blessing of Peace in our World.

xo,

Noelle Renee

Dec. 25 2010

Comments

  1. Beautiful and touching picture!! So much of innocence, simplicity and purity!!

    Noelle you have warmed my heart. Wish you the very best this Christmas and all through the New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts