Thirst

ThirstThirst By Pixsy~ vogel ptak (post by jchip8 @pixdaus.com) 

Skimming the Water’s Edge,

Feathers Ablaze and Claws Outstretched~

Each Gesture, a Prayer.

~Noelle Renee 2/22/11

 

I have identified this astonishing bird as a Kestrel Falcon. I find it so incredibly beautiful. Here is a link which confirms for me that this is what it is:

http://www.chintiminiwildlife.org/Education/WildNatHist/Kestrel.htm.

I found the photo on Pixdaus.com with the credits listed.  The Haiku, of course, is mine. I am enamored of birds. This one seems almost a totem; its presence is so dynamic and powerful.

Comments

  1. Magnificent share today Noelle!! I'm sure now, after reading about them, that it is a male out to flaunt itself to attract females LOL!! ;) Looks like he needs a glass of water to drink :)

    Liked the word "Totem" and its use here. Truly a grand representative of its kind, standing out here in all its glory and color!!

    A simple beautiful Haiku which is enthralling and capturing interest, casting a spell!!

    Loved it!!
    xoxo
    Nanka

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is SO gorgeous. I wonder if he sees a fish moving under that ice?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts