Remember ~

SupermoonSupermoon over the GrandCanyon © Jason Hines posted by kind permission - all rights reserved

 

Remember the sky that you were born under,
know each of the
star's stories.
Remember the moon, know who she is. I met her
in a
bar once in Iowa City.
Remember the
sun's birth at dawn, that is the
strongest point of time. Remember sundown
and the giving away to night.
Remember your birth, how your
mother struggled
to give you form and breath. You are evidence of
her life, and her mother's, and hers.
Remember your father. He is your life also.
Remember the
earth whose skin you are:
red earth, black earth, yellow earth, white earth
brown earth, we are earth.
Remember the
plants, trees, animal life who all have their
tribes, their families, their histories, too.
Talk to them,
listen to them. They are alive poems.
Remember the wind. Remember her voice. She knows the
origin of this universe.
I heard her singing Kiowa war
dance songs at the corner of Fourth and Central once.
Remember that you are all people and that
all people are you.
Remember that you are this
universe and that this universe is you.
Remember that all is in
motion, is growing, is you.
Remember that
language comes from this.
Remember the
dance that language is, that life is.
Remember.
Joy Harjo Remember

 

 

About the Photographer

Jason Hines

I have a special affinity with landscape photography that is very fulfilling to me. Regardless of the subject, the more I photograph, the more I want to photograph; the more I travel, the more I want to travel. It’s a circle that has no beginning and no end. I invite you to join me on my adventures as I bring to you a new image every day. I hope that my photography inspires you to go somewhere you have never been, to try something you haven’t tried, or that it simply helps make you smile on a day when you need it.

It seems fitting with Jason Hines philosophy of life that he also offers engagement, wedding, and portrait photography services in Arizona. To learn more and view  his portfolio, please visit SoulmatesWedding Photography.

Comments

  1. I so loved both the poem and the remarkable photo. Thank you for enlightening us, always.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts